The custom styles used to fill the table cells in XML can be applied in two ways – on Paragraph or on Characters. However, when these are used, the cells are not filled completely.
However, there is a better approach in filling a common color to all the cells of a table. You need to edit the td tag in the DocToHelp’s Style list Tags Collection. The following are the steps for the same:
- Open your source.xml in D2H XML editor.
- Click on Editor>Style list.
- Look for Tags in the style list.
- Expand it and select the “td” tag and Modify it.
- Putting your color & customizations into it would reflect in all tables.
In case you want to set a different color to a particular cell, you need to go to the Source tab of the XML document and edit the style tag explicitly for that cell as:
<td style="BACKGROUND: green;"> <p>Table cell value</p> </td>
You may refer to the attached sample for complete implementation.