By default, the page transitions in Doc-To-Help’s Mobile Help Target display a quick animation. See Doc-To-Help’s Mobile Help for an example.
If you would prefer to turn this animation off, that is easy to do. You simply need to edit one of the files (user.js) in the Theme.
Disabling the animation in Mobile Help
- Open your Doc-To-Help project. Choose your Mobile Help output from the Select Target drop-down.
- Click the Theme button. By default, Mobile Help uses the Basic Theme.
- Click the Add New Theme button (highlighted above) and create a new Theme named NoTransitions (or whatever you like). Click OK.
- Now we can edit the user.js file for the new Theme. This file will be stored by default in the \\My Doc-To-Help Projects\Doc-To-Help\Themes\Mobile Help\Themes\NoTransitions folder. (If you named your new Theme something else, navigate to that folder instead.)
- Right-click on user.js and open it in your preferred editor. I used Notepad.
- Replace the line //To insert code here. with $.mobile.defaultPageTransition = ‘none’;
- Save the user.js file and close it.
Back in Doc-To-Help, confirm that you have chosen your new NoTransitions Theme and rebuild your project.