When attempting to use the designer it doesn’t load at all. In fact, I cannot select any of the Enable checkboxes, or set the visual style (Even though these are selectable in the properties)
When I click on About C1FlexGrid… I get an error "Error invoking 'About C1FlexGrid…’. Details: Object reference not set to an instance of object
All of the other controls show the about box fine and work fine.
I am using Visual Studio 2010 with the C1 Winforms 4.0.
Reeva said 1 year ago:
Please make sure you have 'C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.4.Design.dll’ in your project references because you are using .Net Framework 4.0 build in your application.
Please try including the same and rebuild your application. Hope it helps else please share your further observations on the same.
I just checked, and the Design.dll was not included in the references. I then added the reference, and rebuilt the application, and the designer still does not work. I have attached a screenshot.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attched files.Reeva said 1 year ago:
I am unable to replicate the issue at end with the latest build of C1FlexGrid 4.0. Would like to clarify a few things:-
1) Is studio for Winforms is installed on your system?
2) Which version of control are you using at your end?
3) And try creating an all new application just with C1FlexGrid and is it still giving you error on opening About box?
Please let us know your further observations on the same. We will proceed further on the same.
1) Yes, studio for Winforms is installed
3) Interestingly, if I open a new project and add the control to the form, the designer works properly.
Do you know what might be cusing the error in my current project? If I add another flexgrid control to this project, it still does not work.
–MattAnswerReeva said 12 months ago:
I am not sure what could be causing the problem as it could be dll’s version clash issue.
Please perform the steps below:-
1. Create a backup of the existing project (just in case).
2. Navigate to licenses.licx file within “Solutions Explorer”.
3. Open it and let it be.
4. Delete all references of C1FlexGrid from your project.
5. Now add the correct references of C1FlexGrid into your project along with its Design dll. ( make sure dll version and its design dll version is same.)
6. Now, from the newly created project which worked fine, navigate to this project’s licenses.licx file and open it.
7. Copy all entries from here and replace all entries of C1controls within the licenses.licx file of existing project with these entries.
8. Close the licenses.licx file and REBUILD the project.
Hope this will fix your issue.
Reva DhingraViewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.