I’m converting my project from Report.2 to Report.4, and I make use of HtmlTableFilter for a couple of reports that need this functionality. What is the replacement object for this in the Report.4 product? It still exists in the Report.2 product, so I don’t know what to do to proceed with a conversion to the .NET 4 product.
I managed to find it in the PDF, since the interactive on-line documentation was still referencing only the Report.2 product.
"Support for the .NET 4.0 client profile was added to .NET 4.0 builds of Reports for WinForms. HtmlTableFilter is not supported in the .NET 4.0 build. This is a temporary limitation that will be removed in a future build."
This note was in 2010 v2. I know that "temporary" is a subjective term, but is there an actual timeline that I can expect this limitation to be removed, since that was over a year ago, and I’m paying for updates that don’t ever seem to actually get done? This has been the stickler keeping me from being able to fully upgrade to the C1 .NET 4 product all along.
Rendering as HtmlFilter just isn’t an option when Outlook is a target e-mail client. I know that’s not your fault, but given that it IS a common BUSINESS e-mail client, I need the HtmlTableFilter working, and even though it looks like crap, too, at least it’s legible. It’d be nice if they’d just let me send PDF attachments, but no, they want it sent directly as text in their e-mail.
The problem with that filter was that its code used a class from System.Web.UI which is not available in .NET 4.0 Client Profile. Because we had to support it in our .NET 4.0 version, that specific filter was removed with the intention of rewriting the code without using the offending class. With other more pressing issues taking priority, this has not been done yet. We are currently looking into implementing this, I will update this thread when new info is available. Hope this at least clarifies the situation. Thanks.
Thanks for the heads up. I figured that it probably wasn’t implemented because of the client profile when I read the "client profile was added …", having hit exactly the same issue myself on another project (thankfully, all I needed was a couple of simple encoder / decoder methods that were easy to implement myself). I was just hoping that there would be a replacement for this, and was wondering what the timeline was to fix it.
I’d be fine running a recompiled assembly that has it in that requires the full .NET 4.0 framework. I’m using the assembly in a service, and so I don’t really mind having to use the full .NET 4.0 framework (I think the service already uses it due to some other things it’s doing).
We are currently investigating this (i.e. how much work it would involve to rewrite the relevant code), I will post an update in a day or two. Hopefully we’ll be able to do and release this as a hotfix reasonably soon – but as I say, I will post a more definite update shortly.
As for using the full framework – for that to work, we would basically need to make a special set of assemblies of .NET 4.0 C1Reports for that in addition to the regular (client profile) set of assemblies – not feasible really, unfortunately.
Update: we will try to release a hotfix for this within 3 weeks or so. Thanks.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.